The Submissions SLA report allows you to monitor SLA performance per submission. In the sections below, you can read more about the Submission SLA report’s metrics.
Downloading the Report
You can access the Submissions SLA report at Reporting > Processing Time.
In the drop-down list, select from the predefined date ranges (Week to Date, Month to Date, Year to Date) or choose your own date range (Select Date Range). Then, click Download Report.
The file name of the downloaded Submissions SLA report is submission_level_report.csv. This report has the following columns:
- Submission ID – ID of the submission
- Submission Date Created – creation date of the submission
- Submission Due Date – due date of the submission
- Submission Date Completed – completion date of the submission
- Delta between Due and Completed Dates (seconds)
- The value is positive if work has been completed before the SLA deadline.
- The value is negative if work has been completed after the SLA deadline.
- Submission Due Date Source – name of the SLA location. The possible values are:
- Flow and Input Listener
- Layout Variation
- System Default
- SLA Rule Applied - Name – name of the SLA rule
- SLA Rule Applied - Definition – definition of the SLA rule
- Number of Folders
- Number of Documents
- Number of Pages
- Number of Page Failures
- Number of Fields
- Number of Machine Only Fields Transcribed
- Number of Tables
- Number of Table Cells
- Number of Machine Only Table Cells Transcribed
- Submission State – state of the submission:
- Submission Substate – substate of the submission:
- Manual Document Organization
- Manual Field Identification
- Manual Table Identification
- Manual Routing Decision
- Manual Routing Transcription
- Manual Transcription
- Flexible Extraction
- Custom Supervision
- Submission Metadata – metadata of the submission
- External ID – external ID of the submission